Nib holder Black urushi
- Free shipping from 90€ orders in Europe
- Shipped from France
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
A nib holder crafted from Japanese cherry and lacquered using the fuki-urushi (“wiped urushi”) technique, whereby the wood is impregnated with urushi lacquer to highlight the beauty of the grain.
The writing tools we choose also touch our emotions. We sought to create a tool that inspires a lifetime of use, bringing joy to our hands and soul. Designed to universal specifications to fit all standard nibs, the nib holder will travel with you for a lifetime of writing.
The simple and refined matte lacquer complements any desk space or occasion.
Fuki-urushi is a traditional technique that is also widely used in historic architecture. Our pen rest and nib holder are ink-dyed before being lacquered to highlight both the beauty of the woodgrain and the lacquer itself.
USE AND CARE
- Nib holder only — nib sold separately.
- To prevent distortion and discolouration, avoid soaking in water, sudden temperature changes or extreme heat, and
- prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
- Due to the nature of the material and treatment, grain and colour will vary between pieces.
- If marked with ink, wipe clean with a soft cloth.
- When removing the nib from the nib holder, gently pull it out while turning to avoid dislodging the nib mount.
- After rinsing, shake well in a downward motion to remove any water or ink from the nib mount before inserting a nib.
USE AND CARE
|Product name||Nib holder - Urushi|
|Dimensions||H178 x Ø11mm|
|Material||Japanese cherry, urushi lacquer, plastic (nib mount)|
|Manufacturer||Nakamura Woodworks (nib holder), Tachikawa Pin (nib mount), Komai Lacquer Manufacturing (urushi lacquer)|
|Country of manufacture||Japan|
THE NIB HOLDERS
We deliver worldwide.
Shipping can take up to 2 business days. The products are already imported to Europe, all customs and VAT fees are already included in the price: no bad surprises at delivery!
Delivery time will be determined following the method you will opt for at checkout. Might vary for customers outside of Europe.