Pen Rest Tokushima indigo
The Japanese cherry pen rest is carefully dyed with multiple layers of indigo.
A pen rest that enhances the moments between writing. Designed to hold any pen without the need for precise placement, it blends effortlessly into your desk space with a subtle but assured presence.
Indigo dyed by Maito Design Works, who specialise in Japanese made products using natural plant-based materials, and are also based in our neighbourhood of Kuramae.
The indigo dye is finished and sealed with beeswax. Initially deep navy in appearance, the colour will gradually brighten to a true indigo through use and handling. The finish can be maintained by applying beeswax when the wood becomes dry.
USE AND CARE
- To prevent distortion and discolouration, avoid soaking in water, sudden temperature changes, extreme heat or prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
- Friction may cause the indigo dye or beeswax finish to transfer.
- The colour will gradually brighten to a true indigo with use. Apply beeswax if wood becomes dry.
- Due to the nature of the material and treatment, grain and colour will vary between pieces.
- If marked with ink, wipe clean with a soft cloth.
|Pen rest - Tokushima indigo
|H20 x Ø65mm
|Japanese cherry, indigo dye
|Arai Woodworks,Maito Design Works (indigo dying)
|Country of manufacture